Test your brand integrity by sitting down a group of key stakeholders and answer the following questions.
Growing a brand with integrity is the most prosperous path to success. For a brand to have integrity it must behave in a way that is consistent with its core values. Brand-regulation is the reflective process of examining and evaluating brand integrity and implementing the behavior necessary to develop and follow through with a plan.
- Why does your company exist?
- What is your company striving to become?
- What core values drive the behavior of your company?
- Why is each one of these values important to you?
- Are these values important and meaningful to your customers?
- Do these values impact the way your customers or prospective customers feel about you?
- How are you expressing these values?
- Do these values have any influence over customer purchasing decisions or brand preference?
- How is your company unique? What separates it from your competitors?
- What are the current societal values?
- What is the internal culture of the brand?
- What do employees say about the brand?
Put yourself in the shoes of your ideal customer and look at the homepage of your website. Ask yourself:
- What is the first impression that our website projects? Does it effectively communicate our core values?
- Does the most prominent message demonstrate a clear understanding of our customer’s problem?
- Does our brand messaging demonstrate empathy for our customer’s problem?
- Does our brand messaging project the necessary authority over the problems our customers face?
Now look at your other marketing materials. Ask yourself:
- Is it clear what I am buying?
- Do I understand the process I will undergo? Is there a package? Is there a plan?
- Why do we want to make this change?
- What are the top three reasons for us to change?
- How important is it for us to make this change?
- What are we going to do?